The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Learn and Volunteer

May 5, 2010

Hello Dr. frascino. I have been following and learning about the AIDS/HIV crisis since 1985 and reading and contributing to your website since 2004. I have always wanted take classes and get certified to be able to become a volunteer and help people with AIDS/HIV prevention just the way you do it (by no means I am comparing myself to you. The knowledge that you have is out of this world), however, I never had the opportunity until now. I live in Miami, Fl. Could you please tell me who I can call to achieve this dream of mine. You have no idea how much I admire your work. Thank you for being there for all of us.

George from Miami

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello George from Miami,

I'm not sure what type of classes or certification you are searching for. Certainly there is a wide variety from which to choose (various medical assistants, social worker, benefits counselor, counselor/therapist, support group leader, etc.). I'd suggest you contact your local AIDS service organizations for a start to see what services and volunteer opportunities are currently available that might meet your needs. Once you decide on a particular field, you can then locate classes to get the necessary certification if needed.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

hemroids and swimming in the pool
Comfort for the Worry Wells

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint