Learn and Volunteer

Hello Dr. frascino. I have been following and learning about the AIDS/HIV crisis since 1985 and reading and contributing to your website since 2004. I have always wanted take classes and get certified to be able to become a volunteer and help people with AIDS/HIV prevention just the way you do it (by no means I am comparing myself to you. The knowledge that you have is out of this world), however, I never had the opportunity until now. I live in Miami, Fl. Could you please tell me who I can call to achieve this dream of mine. You have no idea how much I admire your work. Thank you for being there for all of us.

George from Miami

Hello George from Miami,

I'm not sure what type of classes or certification you are searching for. Certainly there is a wide variety from which to choose (various medical assistants, social worker, benefits counselor, counselor/therapist, support group leader, etc.). I'd suggest you contact your local AIDS service organizations for a start to see what services and volunteer opportunities are currently available that might meet your needs. Once you decide on a particular field, you can then locate classes to get the necessary certification if needed.

hemroids and swimming in the pool
Comfort for the Worry Wells