A Stupid Act Yesterday (from Hong Kong)

Doctor, I hope you could help me. I visited a prostitute last night, but I had no intention to have sex with the woman. I just wanted to masturbate before her and cum on her body. When I was masturbating myself, she also masturbated herself to excite me. During the process, we have almost no body contact as I have told her not to touch me except that there was a moment she suddenly pointed to my hand with her finger which just touched my hand for a very short while. I had withdrawn my hand immediately and checked that there appears no obvious wound on my hand. Now my question is:-

1) I understand that my concerns seems irrational, but my concern is that I really cannot recall which hand did she used to masturbate. Let's just assume that she touched me with the same hand that she masturbated herself, and so there could be some of her secretion on her finger, so is there any risk for transferring the HIV by the touch?

2) Does the said situation ALONE makes it NECESSARY to have a test at the 3 months mark?

1. "I understand that my concerns seem irrational . . . ." I absolutely agree, except I'd leave off the "seems!" Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent.

2. No, of course not. HIV is a fragile virus, not radioactive kryptonite.

I'd suggest you read through the wealth of information on this site, paying particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find that information reassuring and enlightening.

Be well.

HIV/AIDS & Disability?
About you, dr. Bob