HIV from abortion
May 5, 2010
hello, i had an abortion and i'm very worried about the possiblity of contracting HIV. i'm worried the equipment was not properly sterilized. i went to a licenced clinic in canada where it is covered by the government.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your fears are unwarranted. Government-licensed facilities in Canada conform strictly to universal precautions to prevent the spread of blood-borne pathogens, such as HIV and hepatitis. Would you be equally worried if you had gone to a government-licensed medical facility to have your tonsils out? You can consider the risk levels to be the same, i.e. essentially nonexistent!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.