Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A very small donation of 5$ sorry .3 yrs of swollen soft armpits swollen lympnodes?.
May 5, 2010

Dear Dr Bob i have had swollen fat puffy soft non painfull armpits for about 3 yrs now. i had 4 times unprotected sex with a gurl of high risk 3 yrs ago and have tested twice after a yr of exposure and then again after a yr and tested negative. in between that also i had alot of sex but all protected. i dont know why my armpits are still swollen i am thinking if hiv remained dormant and did now show up when i had the tests. otherwise what would be the reason for my armpits to be swollen underarms for so many yrs. can anyone help me on this pls i also have painless swollen groin i dont know if my nexk nodes are swollen, also my exposures after that were all protected about 15 or them, but unprotected BJ'S. my armpits swelling do not go at all , they are fat and painless also. do you think i have got some kind of std or hiv stayed dormant all the while. i also have sever digestion problems and feel weak n fatigued all the time. most people say hiv related swollen lypmh nodes are genralised and painless, so i am very worried as i have them. its been almost three years now. got tested 8 months after the unprotected exposure and then again one year after that for visa renewal in dubai as one has to test for hiv to work. please help me

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Unsafe sex is never a wise idea! Fortunately for you you did not contract HIV. Your negative HIV tests at eight months and one year after that are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I cannot diagnose the cause of your "swollen fat puffy non painful armpits" over the Internet. It's entirely possible what you are feeling is completely normal. I suggest you have your doctor evaluate this problem. One thing is certain: It's not HIV related!

Thanks for your donation!

Dr. Bob

Previous
WE LOVE U DR BOB
Next
Rapid negative

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.