China Trip & HIV

Dr.Bob:

Before asking the question I want to let you know that you and your team are doing an oustanding job dealing with facts and miths. Browsing the internet has been very frustating until I found the web site. I will also plan to make a contribution since this forum is important.

Facts: I am a 46 male heterosexual that recently traveled to China on Business. Meeting ended a few hours early and decided to take a relaxing massage. I contacted the SPA in a well recognized world wide hotel chain and I get a two hour massage that ended up with a hand job. The girl looked healthy and there were no signs of blod or cuts. I did not have any cuts in penis or finger. The job was completed with hand and thigh massage using the same oil used for the massage. During the process she liked my nipples and I do the same along with some rubbing of clitoris (she was very wet. There was no vaginal penetration at all and I was not using a condom. After that I washed my hand and took a warm shower with soap.

Questions: 1) What are the chances of HIV infection during the 15 minutes of Glory? 2) Chances of getting HIV by either the rubbing of theclitoris or the licking of the nipples? 3) Changes of getting HIV with a "thigh fuck" (as normally known?.... Wondering if there was enough vaginal fluid in her thigh? 4) After my trip I got a chipped tooth.... Is there a chance to get infected licking the nipple? 5) I am due for a physical and I wanted to include testing for HIV but I wanted to know if a two week test will give any information that is accurate (a lot of doubts about early testing, 6 weeks and 3 months).

Other facts: a) It seems like the girl working at the hotel spa wanted to keep things very quiet not to loose the job. b) I had a cold about 3 days before the exposure (04/24) but I am over. c) I have lots about5 lbs in 2 weeks and I am a little paranoic. Talked with wife and she was very understanding and supporting of any outcome.

So.... thanks in advance for your answers. Keep the good work.

Mr G.

Hello Mr. G.,

1. Essentially nonexistent. Check the archives and you'll find many similar questions about rub-and-tugs!

2. Essentially nonexistent.

3. Not considered an HIV-transmission risk.

4. No.

5. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive. I'd wait until then if you insist on getting tested. (It's not medically warranted.)

I'm glad you leveled with your wife! It was the right thing to do. Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free!

Good luck. Be well.

Yet another chapther in the Annals of Whackedom
WE LOVE U DR BOB