Condom, vaginal fluid on underside, exposure... Will donate!!!

Dear Dr Bob,

An answer to this question would be much appreciated, and I will make a donation. I really respect what you do for so many people, I can imagine that it must get frustrating answering the same questions over and over, but it really does relieve people's anxieties (including my own!).

I am unaware of my girlfriends HIV status, but say she were positive... I was fingering my girlfriend at one stage, and then we stopped, made out a little, and then i put a condom on. My fingers were dry as far as im aware, but my concern is that when i put the condom on, that HIV infected vaginal secretions got onto the inside of the condom (as i touched the inside of it at the top). I'm worried that during sex I contracted HIV (from the HIV being on the inside of the condom and getting into my urethra). Am I being paranoid, or is there a risk? Also, if my hands were still a little wet with her secretions (which im pretty sure they weren't), is there still a chance that I could have contracted HIV in such a situation?

Thankyou for taking the time to answer this, it's much appreciated, and I will be sure to make a donation to your foundation!

Thanks Dr Bob!

Worry-wart

Hello Worry Wart,

"Am I being paranoid, or is there a risk?" Paranoid, unquestionably and indubitably paranoid!

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

Oral sex risk
HIV Positive and Pregancy