Just a Hello from India...

Hi Dr. Bob, dnt think u will remember me..U helped me out to come out of my HIV Syndrome after I had taken a Tetanus Toxide and went on to do in numerable tests one after another. That was two years back. Just dropped in here to say hello to u and i m s very happy to see u in full action...helping the others.....stay well...and keep rocking....always....cheers!!!

Arnab from India

Hello Arnab,

Sure I remember you! (See below.) Thanks for the greeting. Stop by anytime. I always enjoy hearing from X-filers (ex-worried wells!).

Stay well Arnab.

7TH TIME ..FROM INDIA..DONATON MADE AS PROMISED...PLEASEEE HELP.. Mar 8, 2008 Dr.Bob, Sent u a donation(small amount) via card as promised. know u get so many mails that its not possible to reply each and every mail and mayb the query i am looking for is there in the archives but i am all very confused and want ur word only.. before pressing the delete button please do remember that in India theres none who can provide the right info and in India 25% of HIV patients dont get treatment in clinics and hospitals because of their HIV status..and secondly my marriage is on hold..so please understand my situation and judge it..And even if u dont reply to my query i will be very upset,depressed,more confused but one thing for sure,my love and respect for u will not change,i promise.... 7 months back i received a tetenus injection from a dispensary and was not sure whether the guy re-used the syringe..within 7 days i experienced mild fever(99)for 3 days-sustained for 3-4 hours daily..then some headache and was diagonsed for sinus.. after that there was some scalp infection and swollen lymph nodes(neck and groin)..the doctor told me the neck node is swollen becuse of the scalp infection na dthe infection is due to excessive stress and strain... after a few days there was muscle stiffness in the stomach and in chest(lasted for about 10-15 minutes and vanished) and some muscle pain...and to add to that some oral thrush....nowadays i am having some problems as well - loss of sexdrive completely,the scalp infection has triggered once more, some rashes in the thigh area,occasional joint pain, irregular bowel movements and mayb because of thinking over the matter my personality has changed over the last7 months... i have done the folowwing tests- At 5 months mark- HIV 1/2 antibodies(Solid Phase Dot Immunuassay method-they told me its a third generation test):negative Hep B:negative

At 6 months mark- HIV 1/2 antibodies:negative

At 7 months mark- HIV 1/2 antibodies:negative HIV P24 Antigen:negative Hep C:negative

All are negative but i am not convinced...what do u suggest??some docs are saying three months testing is enough, some are saying 6 months and some are saying wait untill 1 year...please please, u r my only hope... what should i do??another antibody test?antigen test?pcr?suicide? pleaseee help me out of this trouble..i m waiting for the reply from the WORLDS BEST HIV EXPERT... love and regards- Arnab

Hello Arnab,

The reason I did not respond to your question previously is that there are numerous cases very similar to yours in the archives. The situations always involve a potential exposure (which more often than not is a non-exposure) followed by some nonspecific symptoms, which in turn trigger intense irrational and totally unwarranted fears of being HIV infected. This is followed by multiple (excessive) HIV tests always giving a negative result (not unexpectedly). Despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary, the worrier remains convinced she must be HIV positive and begins to frantically email me question after question. My response is always the same, just as mine to you will be. But, in spite of that, do review the similar testimonials in the archives. One hundred percent of these worried wrecks eventually realized they were HIV negative. Ultimately you will too and I hope that occurs sooner rather than later.

So to specifically address your question:

Needles are not reused for tetanus vaccinations. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem; fear of HIV is. No additional HIV tests are recommended or warranted. If you have trouble accepting the truly wonderful news of your unquestionable and definitive HIV-negative status, you need to seek psychological help.

Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem!

FROM INDIA...SALUTE,THANKS AND LOVE... Mar 9, 2008 hi Dr. Bob, thank you so very much for your respone..I disturbed you time and again for the last two weeks with loads of mail....I apologise for that... you are absolutely right, 99.999% of the queries are there in the archives...but who dont want a personal response from the WORLDS BEST HIV EXPERT?? thanks for being there with me when i needed you the most....please do accept my heartfelt SALUTE all the way from India.... i will always be visiting your site time and again-just to read your comments-they are very much inspiring and the work you doing for your organisation is awesome to say the least(i am a regular visitor of concertedeffort.org)...Promise to donate more by next week... all the very best and tons of thanks...and I CAN WOOOOHOOOOO...rite Sir?? lot of love and regards- Arnab

Hello Arnab,

It is a pleasure to be of service. Thanks for your thanks and for reminding others waiting for a response to check the archives!

Finally, can you WOO-HOO? Absolutely. Let's do it together. Ready? One, two, three: "WOO-HOO!!!!!"

Stay safe. Stay well.

WHERE R U?? EVRYTHING OK?? FROM INDIA......REPLY ASAP DR.BOB..... Jun 2, 2008 Hi Dr.Bob, Hope u wont remember me & its quite natural....i m ARNAB frm India & u did help me out with my problem & replied to my queries thrice about three months back..(symptoms aplenty after taking Tetanus Toxide frm a dipensary & frgt to check whether it was disposable syringe or nt....with multiple negative antibody, hepatitis & antigen tests out to 07 months)..... Where r u?? no posts after 23rd May....i visit this site 5-6 times every 7-8 dayz......are u ok?? is evrything all rite with u?? let us know ASAP..... And once again thanks a ton fr being there in the time of crisis... Luv- Arnab

Hello Arnab,

Thanks for your concern. As you can see, I'm back and trying desperately to respond to the thousands of posts that have crammed their way into my inbox while I was traveling. It appears that there certainly has been a whole lotta worry going on during my brief absence! So let's see, what's up next ... hmmm... a conservative right-wing religious wingnut is concerned about having sex with a cross-dressing bisexual transgendered Mormon midget with webbed feet and a penchant for narcolepsy at a John McCain rally... Gosh, not another one! That's the third one today!!!! I guess it's time for me to get back to work, Arnab.

Be well. Stay well.

What else could it be besides Acute Retroviral Syndrome?
Chipped drinking glass at bar (please answer, OCD is OOC!)