2nd attempt...please help me retain my sanity Bob...scared!!!

Hi Bob,

I have been reading thorugh your site, you seem to be the number 1 guru on this topic, i have got more from your site than i have from everything i have read on the web. I cant thank you enough for what you do, it is helping me stay sane to some extect in what has to be the worst period of my life. saying that im still driving myself up the wall...

7 weeks ago i was really stupid and receied unprotected oral sex (i am male, 22 years old living in England - UK)from a girl whos HIV status i do not know. i do have a girlfriend but things were a bit rocky at the time and i thought it would make me feel better about myself...beleive me, it didn't. I have a few questions regarding possible ARS symptoms that followed.

1. 3 weeks after the event my girlfriend started to feel very tired all the time with hot flushes and very mild night sweats. she also had a headache (and diahria only for 3-days). she has a contraceptive implant which she thought could be the cause as she has had it 2 and a half years. after about 10 days after the symptoms started, she had the implant removed and within a week she is back to normal. Does this seem like ARS to you or is it just coincidence and a hormone inbalance more likely?

2. after 2 weeks my penis has swollen slightly round the rim of the 'helmet'...doctors say it is nothing to worry about but i am...no creams are getting rid of it. could this be where HIV has absorbed into my body?

3. 6 weeks later i got a realy realy bad headache in the back of my head which i still have now (1 week later), it moves around my head, not always at the back. my joints ache, not all at once but the ache seems to bounce around my body, srongest aches are around my neck and shoulders. i had diahria 2 mornings and i seem to be developing today a dry cough. doctors took my blood pressure and said it was very very high and that i need to relax. do all my symptoms sound like ARS or more anxiety?

I know the risks from receiving oral are very very low, but i cant help but worry with all these contributing factors. Please help me bob, im so frightened.

Thanks for yout time bob, donation will be on the way.

from Mr Paranoid.

Hello Mr. Paranoid,

1. ARS? Nope!

Coincidence? Yep!

2. Nope! I suggest you see a dermatologist to get this cleared up. It's not HIV related.

3. Anxiety! If my reassurance isn't enough for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. I agree the HIV-acquisition risk from insertive oral sex is very, very low.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

I have a Quickie - Plus my Company will donate forever to your Foundation! WOW !!
Western Blot Negative!