HIV transmitted by a contact lens?
May 1, 2010
I dropped one of my contact lenses onto the floor of a men's public restroom the other day. The lens landed on a piece of tile that was dry and I picked it up and looked it over, then put it back in my eye. I have since been afraid that there could have been some contaminated blood, semen or urine on the floor where my lens had landed. Since the contact lens was placed into my eye, could HIV be transmitted that way?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sudden Nausea Causes Primary Hiv Symptom
- Anxiety Of Thinking You Have Can Cause Hiv Symptoms
- Do Doctors Test For Hiv When Your Pregnant?
- Can You Get Hiv If A Nurse Does Not Use Gloves When She Takes Your Blood?
- Can It Take 10 Years For Hiv And Aids To Show Up?
- Do People Who Have Hiv Gain Weight?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.