Home Access HIV test

I know that you get a lot of questions about HIV and accurate testing so here is one more. My husband of 15 years was having an affair. Once I found out, we split up. I was concerned about STDs, especially HIV. I took the Home Access HIV-1 test and it came back negative. I only waited a month after I learned of the affair before I took the test. He refused to take the test because he thought it was a joke and his "fling" was certainly not HIV positive. The affair ended after I found out. I didn't have sexual relationships with anyone afterwards. About a year after our split, my husband told me that he had run into a couple of friends of his "fling" and they told him that he needed to get checked for HIV. Once he was hospitalized for PCP, I knew then that he was HIV positive. It was confrmed as well. I got another test (as I knew the time frame may have been too soon) and it was negative as well. I guess I am still living with the after effects of exposure. My husband passed away from complications of AIDS. I get frequent yeast infections (never had them before), and frequent recurrances of genital herpes (which I rarely had before). I know my home access test was negative 2 years after exposure but is there any possibility that the virus could have been undetectable at that time? I have heard of cases where the virus was not detected until 10 years after exposure.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's passing.

Your negative Home Access test two years after your last exposure to him is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Certainly if my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your (unwarranted) worries about HIV, you could get a repeat test. It's not medically warranted and the result will undoubtedly be negative. If you continue to perseverate on HIV, despite this overwhelming and irrefutable proof that you are HIV negative, I would recommend counseling (psychotherapy) to help you accept the truly wonderful news that you dodged the HIV bullet.

Your husband's tragic story should serve as a cautionary tale for all readers of the forum who consider a "fling" harmless. Unprotected sex is always risky business!

I have convinced myself I am the next one, please help.
western blot indeterminate