Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I have convinced myself I am the next one, please help.
May 1, 2010

Dr.Bob, I read your response to another person question regarding the woman with the fatal hiv encephalitis. I am upset by this and I know I probably shouldn't be. Here is what has me going crazy. I too have hypothyroidism, hashimotos to be exact, and I suffer depression. Now that said I am a functioning adult who lives a normal life, I do not abuse alcohol or drugs, and have never been in prison. I was tested after I was with what my obgyn coined a high risk male partner. My Doc has assured me I am fine, but now I see this. Can you shed some light on this for me? I realize it is rare, but I too have ailments that she had. I would love to make a annual donation to your site, it is weel worth the advice you offer all of us.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sorry, I don't recall exactly which question you are referring to. (I've answered gazillions of questions over the years and they are all in the archives.) Perhaps you could copy the question and my response or send the link when you resubmit your question.

I should also point out that if you've had a negative HIV-antibody test outside the window period, you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative, even if you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and depression.

Thanks for your support of the mission of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org), which is to provide crucial services for men, women, and children living with HIV and to promote HIV awareness and prevention through education and advocacy.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
A note of thanks
Next
Home Access HIV test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.