PLEASE ANSWER I AM GOING INSANE (might have to jump off a bridge) I will be sure to leave you in my Will

Hi Doctor Bob Thank You so much for this wonderful service that you provide. I will be making a donation to help other people who are stricken with this horrible disease.

My Question

I had sex with a couple of pros in 2009. We did what people who have sex do, including french kissing, body licking/sucking, oral, vaginal. All vaginal sex was protected with no obvious condom failure. However there were two incidents of unprotected oral (both ways).

I have tested negative via ELISA at 6, 10, 13 weeks, but I continue to have perplexing symptoms. I am now at 19 weeks post exposure

8 Weeks - Intense Insomnia (Early Morning Awakening, Anxiety) (has become better but still not good

10 Weeks - Dry Mouth, Feeling Cold all the time. Dry mouth is better but I continue to constantly feel cold

13 Weeks - Noticed whiteness on tongue. Noticed enlarged papillae (strawberry tongue) Still Persists. When I scrape it allot of white gunk comes off. Continues to present time.

15 Weeks - Intestinal rumbling (not painful) and constipation. Continues to present time

16 Weeks - Noticed tingling in body. Comes and goes. Arms and legs fall asleep easily.

Questions

1) Do you think I need to retest? 2) Is it possible that dry mouth is an early indicator of HIV infection. 3) Is it possible the peripheral neuropathy is an early indicator of HIV. 4) Is it usual to have constipation early in HIV infection. 5) I have a index finger tip on my right hand that is somewhat numb. Is that an indication of peripheral neuropathy even at such an early state. 6) Would you consider being cold all the time an indication of HIV infection at this early stage.

Thank You so much for you time

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail (break). Oral sex carries only a very slight risk of HIV transmissions.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Your negative HIV tests out to 13 weeks are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. It can occur early, but you don't have it!

4. Nope.

5. Nope.

6. Nope.

Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety, not HIV.

Thanks for your kind comments and support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. Now yell WOO-HOO and stop worrying, OK?

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

WEL-CUM Dr. BOB: Molesting a urinal?
A question from Guatemala