PGA Professional having Problems with his Balls !!

Hello Dr. Bob,

I am a PGA Professional and I having a problem with my balls. :) I play and teach Natural Golf . A style of Golf played by Moe Norman, known as the greatest ball striker in the history of Golf. I am writing you to seek an answer to an issue that came up over the weekend. Being a PGA professional I compete in the mini-tours for the PGA. I am pulling out of the Tour this week because I cannot concentrate anymore. As you know in Golf you need to be focused. Well that just is not there anymore. I hope you can help me. I must say you have a very nice site with thorough information. Kudos to you for helping so many people across the World. I will make a donation to your Foundation as well.

I was involved over the weekend in a Tour called Golf-Fest. The event went from Thursday till Sunday. One of the major events is a guy who does all these trick shots in Golf. So on Thursday this guy is setting up one of his props, and bashes one of his fingers up pretty bad. It bled. Again, this happened on Thursday. On Saturday, He is doing a show for the audience and as I am watching this guy, he calls me out of the crowd to help him as a prop with one of his shots. Now I have to explain. In golf when you hit an bad shot every once in a while, you can end up in the trees and such. I have some scratches on my arms from this. These are not just red marks. They are scratches that have bled. I could of recently scratched my arm before the show. After he was done using me with his prop, he grabbed my arm and said, "Lets give Bob a Great round of applause." The whole time this guys banged up finger is lying right over the top of one of my scratches. This took all of about 15 seconds. I don't know how old my scratch is. I just don't know. Remember this was not just a red mark. This was a scratch that had bled. I am anxiety ridden. I can't get this incident out of my head. I cant stop thinking about his thumb touching the injury on my arm. I keep thinking even though he did this other stunt on Thursday when he injured his finger, he still washes his hands, he showers, and has been shaking hands through out the last two days. I don't know. I am frightened that I can get HIV from this. I don't know how moist his cut is or if it's oozing anything.? It's just noticeable. Plus, who knows about my scratch as well.

I don't know what to do? I don't know what the answer to this is. I did not have my scratches bandaged or covered up and he was not wearing any bandages or band aids as well. Can you Please help me with this. I don't know the healing process of his 30 hr cut, if somebody is taking a shower and washing his hands. With this man being HIV+,,, and according to what happened above. What are my chances of catching the HIV virus like this? I was just tested this week and got my negative results, ( because of being in sports). Do I need a re-test? I read about this PEP stuff. Do I do nee this PEP thing? I am very confused.

Address all my questions please and my next Hole-in-One will be dedicated to you.

Thank You, PGA Bob

Hello PGA Bob!

Hey PGA Bob, do you happen to know Wendy??? Yeah, I thought so. You two have remarkably similar stories -- bloody events that occurred on Saturday; scratches on your arms; a "15 second" contact:; "I am anxiety ridden;" mentioning hand washing, showers, and handshakes; "I don't know moist his cut is? It's just noticeable. Plus, who knows about my scratch as well." Etc., etc., etc. (See below.)

Bob/Wendy, did you really think I wouldn't notice such obvious similarities between these posts as well as the multiple other similar questions you posed under other names? Time to stop the foolish pranks Bob/Wendy. From reading my post you may notice I sometimes send questioners "good luck karma." In your case, your childish pranks have earned you some very bad karma for wasting my time. I wouldn't walk under any ladders if I were you. Grow up.

Still Anxiety Ridden - I think its time to get my Head examined !! Apr 26, 2010

Thank You Dr. Bob,

I am now going to see a psychiatrist over all this anxiety. I think that my question is so out of whack, that I am the real whack job here.

I know I am probably out of the PEP window, but I will leave my question untouched to get the right answer and move on with my life.

I need your advice. I will also donate to your Foundation.

I went to a Personal Development seminar which is suppose to go from Thursday Evening to Saturday Evening. The success speaker is a very well - known speaker. He is also a HIV + gentlemen. He did some demonstration on Thursday Night with an arrow. The arrow broke in his hand, and he cut his thumb. I saw it myself and it looked like a nice size gouge.This happened on Thursday Evening. On Saturday Evening at about 7:30 PM ,,, My mom came in to see the seminar as we were on a break. The speaker walked up to me and said how well I am doing with all of my developement. Now when he was telling me and my mom this ,,, He was holding onto my arm and shaking it in congratulations. After 15 seconds he let go and I noticed his thumb was lying on to a scratch I have on my arm. Oh and it did. I saw it. I don't know how old my scratch is. Who knows, I could of just scratched it on one of the chairs. This was not just a red mark. This was a scratch that had bled. I am anxiety ridden. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital with all this anxiety. I cant stop thinking about his thumb touching the injury on my arm. I keep thinking even though he did this arrow thingy on Thursday Evening,, He still washes his hands ,, showers ,,, and shook everybody's hand in the conference. I am so frightened that I can get HIV from this. I don't know how moist his cut is? It's just noticeable. Plus my scratch as well.

Should I start PEP. I don't know what to do? I don't know what the answer to this is. I did not have my scratch bandaged or covered up and he was not wearing any bandage or band aid as well. Please Dr. Bob.. Help me with this one. I don't know the healing process of a 30 hr cut, if somebody is taking a shower and washing his hands. With this man being HIV+,,, and according to what happened above. What are my chances of catching the HIV virus like this? I was just tested this week and got my negative results, ( just because I plays a lot of sports). Do I need a re-test? Do I do the PEP thing? I am so confused.

I will wait for your answer before I do anything. Please help quick as I do not know what the window period is for PEP.

Truly, Thank You Dr. Bob Wendy

Hello Wendy,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

Should you worry? Nope.

Should you get another HIV test? Nope.

Should you take PEP? Nope.

I agree with your decision to seek psychiatric help for your anxiety. Your fears are completely unwarranted and may stem from HIV paranoia (irrational fear of becoming infected with HIV).

Be well. Stay well.

I Just Can't Do This Anymore
previous question inquiry