PLEASE- second time posting!!!

Dr. Bob, I'm sorry to be one of those irritating people that insists on immediate response when you get so many posts every single day to answer. Like everyone else, I am way overly anxious about my situation(s). An answer would be SO appreciated to help ease my anxiety if possible!!

I am a 22 year old female and I made some stupid mistakes (VERY stupid) and had unprotected sex a few times with a few different guys. They all claimed to be "clean" but only 1 of them (out of 4) had actually been tested regularly for HIV and was definitely negative. Another one had been tested before but it was a while ago, and the other 2 just are satisfied with saying I shouldn't be worried. BUT of course I am worried because the guilt of my stupid, thoughtless mistakes is really weighing me down. :(

Well, I got four HIV antibody tests done, all after 6 months after the last exposure. They were all negative. However, I am extremely worried/anxious as I am having some symptoms- sore throat, severe headache for days, can't sleep at night, I feel a little feverish, and I have had bad diarrhea for the past few days.I have a few questions if you will, please: *Am I experiencing a late seroconversion?????*

1. Does it matter what generation of test I took? I do not know the type/generation of HIV test that was used. One was a rapid test with oral swab (where you get results in 20 minutes), another one was also an oral swab but was sent to a lab, and two were blood samples taken from my forearm that were sent to a lab. 2. Do older generation HIV tests have longer window periods? (longer than my 7 months negative test result?) 3. The last test (the 7 month one) was done at an Urgent Care Center and the physician took my blood and sent it to a lab. I got the results about a week later, but I called him and he just read them to me over the phone. What if he misread them because he was in a rush or something and they were actually positive? Should I request a copy of the results or is this my anxiety kicking in again? 3. Is there any need to do further testing? I am just worried because I did have unprotected sex with 4 guys- i know how incredibly stupid this was, Dr. Bob, so please do not remind me. :( I find it hard to believe I somehow didn't end up with HIV. 4. Should I get a PCR test done just to be absolutely sure that I am negative? 5. Are my test results reliable and conclusive so I can finally move on from this? 6. Can I woo-hoo???? I want to so bad!

I am sorry for all these questions but I would be so, so appreciative if you found any time to answer them! Thanks for all you do here on this forum, and I am trying to gather up enough money for a donation, but since I am in nursing school, that is still in the works. Thanks for everything, Dr. Bob. You are an amazing person, and though I know you are gay and happily married, may I say that to this 22 year old straight girl, you are extremely attractive!!!

Thanks, WORRIED WELL

Hi Worried Well,

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. It's your anxiety kicking in.

Second #3. Nope. And don't be so hard on yourself. We all are only human, which means we all make mistakes, even yours truly! The important thing to do is recognize our lapse in judgment, accept the consequences of our errors, and learn from our mistakes. You've done all three.

4. Nope.

5. Yes. Your results are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able, and move-on-able!

6. Yep! Let's do it together, OK? Ready? One, two three . . . WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well. I look forward to having you join the health care provider community!

Scared straight? 3 Years of fear - followed your advice - Please read Bob.
DONT BELIEVE IM NEGATIVE AFTER 6 MONTHS TEST