Am I overreacting?

Hi doc, I wanted to know if I was overreacting and trust your opinion! I am a 26 year old male uncircumcised about to graduate from a professional school. I went to a strip club on Feb. 12 after having too much to drink beforehand, I ended up in a private show. The stripper kept telling me "no sex no sex." Next thing I know, my pants are down, to the best of my memory she placed a condom on then performed oral sex. Followed by her grinding on me and us engaging in vaginal sex. To the best of my blacked out memory and my buddy's memory (who was watching this "show") the condom did not break. Ever since this incident I've been extremely worried about HIV? I read a Cochrane review which showed 1.1 seroconversions per 100 person years for a cohort of "always condom users." I had a test at 6.5 weeks after this incident, which was negative. Nevertheless I am still worried? Am I overreacting here? My PCP told me there was negligible risk and no need to test for this, except he prescribed valacyclovir cause he was worried HSV-2 would be my greatest risk from this exposure. I thank you for looking at this question, I think an answer from you would help ease some of my worries! I will definitely donate irregardless if you answer or not.

Since your memory of events with your bouncing Bertha at the Badda Bing is "blacked out," it's a bit difficult to assess HIV risk. Overall from what you have written, it would seem your HIV-acquisition risk is very low.

Regarding HIV-antibody tests, they are not considered definitive or conclusive if taken prior to the three-month mark. It is true that most folks who become HIV infected will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks after HIV primary infection. Consequently your negative 6.5-week test is very encouraging, but not yet conclusive.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Worried sick, Please help!
1st Atripla Results