Think horses not zebras...

Hi Dr. Bob, Hope you're doing well, you're such a specila person. You've used the analogy (title of my post) in the past and I agree If you have a headache, it's not automatically a tumor, but When so many things line up how can you not sometimes explopre The rarities??? I had an "essentially nonexistent" risk In your estimation back in Dec '07. Licking my fingers After vigorously fingering a stripper (think she was +) I had ars type systems 6 weeks post and a shower of increase Of eyefloaters 4 mos after exp and a coated tongue that Just looks infected. Here's where the zebra part comes... I've had 65 elisas over 27 months post (all types ie.lab, Life insurance policy test, clearview 1/2, oraquick finger And oral, home access etc also 4 neg NAT's, one bDNA, one Pcr rna and a pcr dna qual. I know it seems that these would All be neg if I was + but come on. The floaters aren't Psychological because the opthamologist can see them, just didn't See cmv or uveitis. What gives?? Couple questions if you Wouldn't mind 1) the first pcr test (pcr dna) was 8 mos post Exp, was this too late to take? Could viral load have gone To undetectable? 2) Am I controlling the virus there by Not producing antibodies? 3) are the floaters a result From the ars type symptoms I had? 4) what final testing Should I have done? A cd-4 jusy to make sure?? Please be Gracious one more time and give me your advice. I will Listen to whatever you recommend. Thanks and God Bless, A Huge fan

Hello Huge Fan,

You're still chasing a zebra!

You've had 65 negative ELISA tests over 27 months! Frevinsakes!!! In addition you've had undetectable NATs, bDNA, PCR RNA, and PCR DNA. Dude, you just can't get any more negative than that! (Unless you're Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin ranting about Obama, health care and financial reform!)

Regarding floaters, the vast, vast, vast majority of them have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. (You're an excellent example of this!)

Regarding your specific questions:

1. No. You are HIV negative.

2. No, you are HIV negative.

3. No, you didn't have ARS and you don't have HIV either.

4. No additional testing! You've had way too much already.

If my reassurance and your excessive number of negative HIV tests are insufficient to convince you that HIV is not your problem, I would suggest you seek the help of a psychiatrist to help you confront and conquer your totally irrational fears.

Terrified
Worried sick, Please help!