Terrified

I'll be brief in my brief's.

On a trip to south america I had an exposure and had what seemed like ARS in the weeks following. I have had ongoing symptoms including hariy tounge and thrush over the past 12 months (several other symptoms as well).

Have received 3 negative 1/o/2 ICMA tests at 3, 6 and 12 months; also receieved 1 neg RNA PCR at 4 weeks and 1 neg DNA PCR at 8 & 12weeks.

My question is: (Drumroll please) could an exposure to a virus from south america go undetected with current PCR and AB tests in the US?

Would these symptoms be extenuating circumstances that would negate a 12 month neg and require further evalutation?

Thank you for the contributions you make with your time and knowlegde.

I'll stay in my briefs until I read your reply. Hopefuly for my neighbors sake it will soon!

Hello Terrified,

The short answer is (Drumroll please...) no. The longer answer is (cymbals crash please...) nope!

You seem like the man to ask Dr. Bob
Think horses not zebras...