The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Apr 23, 2010

I am HIV pos and have a bad back injury do to being hit by a car, I cant even sit for long period in a lot of pain I am 45 years old I have worked hard most of my life I have over 40 quarters paid in the SS. I am on my forth doctor because these doctors do not want to order the exams to find out and diagnose me they just want me to take all these pills, telling me most people have back problems . I have not worked in the past five years, and continue to be denied by SSD and SSI. I feel doctors work on behalf of the Gov to keep you from your benefits I could go on thanks you for any help.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I can assure you that your private physicians do not work on behalf of the government or anyone to deny your benefits! (Insurance companies, perhaps, but not doctors!) I also find it hard to believe four separate physicians are failing to order the proper exams to make a proper diagnosis! None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

If you feel you are disabled due to your HIV disease, talk to your HIV specialist about disability. If you feel you are disabled due to back pain from an auto accident, see a neurologist. They are the pain specialists. You could also contact a disability lawyer; however, if your own physicians don't feel you qualify for disability, it's going to be difficult to convince the Social Security Administration.

Dr. Bob

why does my CD4 count not improve? (LACK OF CD4 RESPONSE DESPITE TREATMENT, 2010)
You seem like the man to ask Dr. Bob

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint