Driving my husband crazy...please put my fears to rest

Dr. Bob, I had two wisdom teeth extracted two weeks ago. One is healing very slowly and did end up infected requiring antibiotics. I have been drinking my usual starbucks, getting smoothis for the local smoothie shop, and have eaten out several times. I even had a yummy rice and black bean burrito from a resteraunt the day of the extractions. I think I am being paranoid and need you to confirm this...lol! I just keep thinking, I have these open wounds in my mouth, one of which is healing slowly and was infected. If there was hiv positive blood in the food I have purchased out would I be at risk? Thanks so much and I will gladly send a donation, my dental insurance picked up most of the costs so I would love to send you the money I saved.:)

"I think I am being paranoid and need you to confirm this . . . ." OK, consider it unequivocally confirmed. You're a total fluffernutter. (LOL!) Actually fears like yours are incredibly common. Check the archives and you'll find loads of folks concerned about getting HIV from their Starbucks, smoothies or burritos. My response is always the same -- no risk (even considering the dental extraction).

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Since you already assumed your HIV fears were totally whacked, I'm confident they did not extract all your wisdom along with your teeth!

Be well. Stay well.

You are amazing
STD from sniffing panties? (SNIFFING AND HIV, 2010)