Indeterminate HIV test results

The results of my HIV test in January 2007 came back indeterminate. I then took at DNA PCR test and the results came back negative. I was recently tested again for HIV one week ago and the results came back indeterminate again. My doctor is now suggesting that I have another DNA PCR test. I've been with one partner over the past three years and there are no other risk factors present. What are possible reasons as to why my HIV tests are coming back indeterminate?

Confused

I think the person who is confused is your doctor, not you! There are many potential causes of an indeterminate HIV-screening test. You can read about these in the archives of this forum, as I've discussed them at length many times before. If a qualitative HIV DNA PCR is undetectable following an indeterminate HIV-antibody test outside the window period, you are HIV negative and no further HIV testing is warranted. It is not uncommon for someone to test repeatedly "indeterminate," due to cross-reacting nonspecific antibodies. You have essentially no HIV risk. Your current testing confirms your HIV-negative status.

Follow-up to "please assess my risk"
Thank you!!!