protected receptive anal intercourse
Apr 22, 2010
i had receptive protected anal intercourse 6 weeks ago . i tested negitive. at 6 weeks . should i still be worried alot
Response from Dr. Frascino
No. Assuming latex condoms were used properly and did not fail, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent.
Regarding HIV-antibody tests, tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Nail Salons A Low Risk For Hepatitis?
- Hiv Symptoms Rare After 6 Weeks
- Will Using A Condom Protect From Genital Warts?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- Why Can't Herpes Be Permanently Cured?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.