Dr. Bob, you are ignoring my question, a cry for help from Dallas downtown, so that you could hear in San Francisco.

Dr. Bob, I had taken Dapsone, 15 years ago for treating a skin condition for about 3 years, mixed with another pill and in between periods of prednisone pill. So i got scared about all this, mainly the prednisone, and then i doubted the reliability of my HIV antibody test. I had an unprotected sex risky exposure, two years back. I read that Dapsone is given for HIV patients as well. So i went to the doctor and took a PCR HIV -1 RNA test and it came as undetected.

One of the doctor about 9 or ten years ago told me that I tested positive for genital herpes and she gave valtrex. I took Vatlrex about 9 years back for 15 days, i also read in your site that valtrex can suppress the HIV viral load.

Can i believe my HIV Viral load tests as truly negative or do i still need some other tests doctor?

The only reason i ask is that i heard Dapsone, and Valtrex can reduce the HIV viral loads. Now i am getting doubt that because i took those pills so many years ago, is my HIV viral load actually suppressed that it cannot be detected.

I had three unsafe exposures, two times about ten years ago and this one time, two years back.

Can i believe my HIV tests? I dont know why i always keep reading in this site, two or three days back, someone posted about an expired dapsone. that is when i came to know that Dapsone is used for HIV patients.

1) I dont know which tests are right, which tests are wrong. Should i get a PCR test for HIV -2 as well? That day i asked the doctor, but he only ordered PCR test for HIV-1.

2) Later on over the years, I got blood tested for HSVI and HSV2 antibody test, so many times, it was always negative. Do I have genital herpes, or do you think the doctor ten years ago made a mistake. Or do you think because I took the valtrex 9 years back, is it why my herpes test results are showing negative.

3) Does the prednisone taken in the child hood affect the HIV antibody test result or any other STD antibody test result This is a cry doctor, please advice me.

Your concerns are completely unwarranted. Medications that you took years ago would not affect recent HIV test results.

1. No.

2. Your current tests would indicate you never had HSV-1/HSV-2.

3. No.

sharing food risk during chemo
protected receptive anal intercourse