Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv3?
Apr 21, 2010

Hello,Doctor!Im desperated and i dont know whom to ask my questions.My immune status is rather low,especially cd8,i have a lot of skin deseases,fungus,EBV,CMV,etc. and doctors say that it is due to my weak immune status,I made HI analyses,they are negative.But my children and my husband have all the same problems.First only hiv1 existed,the world didn't know about hiv2 and many people couldn't be diagnised for hiv2 for some period of time.So if now there is another type of hiv they can't diagnise,so if there are families with such problems,if there is a place where blood of such people can be studied in some way?I really dont know what to do.Please help me with your advice.My doctor says that we have some problem,but in our country they don;t do such studies.Thank you and excuce my English.Helena

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Helena,

A low CD8 count and past history of EBV, CMV does not mean your immune system is compromised!

HIV disease is an extremely well studied and closely followed illness. There is no HIV-3. Your fears are unwarranted. If your repeated HIV-antibody tests are negative, HIV is not your problem. I'm not saying you don't have a problem. I'm merely advising you HIV is not the cause. I tend to doubt you have anything seriously wrong with your immune system. If your doctor is unable to help, I'd suggest you get a second opinion from another internal medicine physician. Remember, one thing is certain: Your problem is not HIV!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried - Mishandled HIV test - 2nd post
Next
Can Other Bloodwork Indicate Possible HIV Infection?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.