Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

2nd Post - please answer cant sleep! WILL DONTATE
Apr 18, 2010

Dr. Bob,

I can imaging you are very busy and popular too! I very much admire the work you do. Over the last year my sexual encounters have been with unknown partners limited to protected vaginal and some unprotected oral sex.

1. Cummlingus limited to clit shaft. NO tongue penetration. May have contacted fluids on tongue. On occassion Some light gingivitis (thin line of blood) and irritated tongue fissues (non bleeding)

2. Fingering: had several hours old paper cut. Fingers inserted. few occasions

3. My girlfriend has recently has had yeast infections and non itchy flat red patches that come and go and merge (inner right thigh, arm pit junction at back of both arms)

I have a slight penile yeast infection and persistant thin white coating on back of tongue.

Is this ARS.

Please help! WILL DONATE

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

"Cummlingus"???? Hmm. Great name! It sounds way more sexy and fun than cunnilingus.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low, assuming latex condoms were used properly for your protected vaginal sex.

I can't diagnose the exact cause of your or your girlfriend's symptoms, but it's exceedingly unlikely they would be caused by HIV ARS.

I would suggest you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark from the time of your last potential worrisome exposure. The odds are astronomically on your side that you did not contract HIV from these incidents.

Your girlfriend should follow up with her gynecologist for the yeast infections. You can follow up with your general internist or a dermatologist if needed.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob I Don't want to be a pain and I hope your resposne will calm me down!
Next
need help to understand this labs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.