I can't believe she is not HIV+

Dr. I have recently been diagnosed after trying to get additional insurance and having a blood test done. After I received a call from the state health board and meeting with them they finally told me the results of my test. The insurance company refuse to inform me and wrote to the state instead. Can't believe they did that but, the question is my current GF has been tested also and she is NOT +. Should she be tested again or is she OK. I can't believe after all the times we have been together she is not +. Can some people have immunity to this desease?

It is possible that you are HIV positive and despite having multiple episodes of unprotected sex, have not infected your girlfriend. Not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission (thankfully). Your girlfriend will need follow-up HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks from the date of last exposure to confirm her negative status.

Regarding your positive test, there is a names reporting law that states that all HIV-positive tests must be reported to the health department. You can read more about this in the archives. I'd also suggest you read through the "Just Diagnosed" chapter that can be accessed on The Body's homepage. You'll need to have your HIV test confirmed, and, if positive, establish care with an HIV physician specialist.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

HIV after sex
Shall I take PEP?