Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My Symptom-Oral sex-VVreast milk in mouth
Apr 16, 2010

Hi bob, I will donate but I have VISA ELECTRON Credit Card..plz guide me how to donate.

1.A woman gave me blow job almost 5 times in 2 days..I had been feeling little pain on my penis after 2,3 blow jobs as it was frequent in just 2 days, I ejaculated in her mouth and it was deep throat. 2..I got few drops of breast milk in my mouth while sucking her nipples. 3..I got sore throat and body-muscle pain that was moving ...pain in a muscle for few seconds and then gone....exactly after 8 days of exposure. 4.at day 9 i got fever...body pain and fever....just for one day and the fever was gone.but sore throat and muscle pain was coming and going. 5.At day 14th, I got diarrhea for one day .extensive diarrhea and very high fever for 2 days. 6.At day 18th I went for the HIV rapid antibody test.It was negative and also oral swab for any kind of virus..It was negative and my Dr said that it could be normal flu and it will go away after few days. 7.Today at day 25th, I again got diarrhea and fever, sore throat and pain in muscles. The muscle pain is in arms,groin and arm pit in length......for example i feel pain in a long vain in arm pit..in length. Also pain in neck and some time I feel stiff neck...

Due to symptoms and their timing I am almost convinced that I have got HIV..............what is your opinion about it? Especially about the breast milk...few drops those I got in my mouth...................? Suppose if these are ARS symptoms....then is it possible to to test positive at 18th day.............? as I was negative at 18th day with all these symptoms for almost 10 days....... ? What do you think about my symptoms , their timing and chance that I could escape this incidence?

Regards..............

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. "Due to symptoms and their timing I am almost convinced that I have got HIV; what is your opinion." Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. The odds are very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your sexperience.

2. "Especially about the breast milk; few drops I got in my mouth?" A few drops of breast milk is not considered a significant risk for HIV acquisition. You can read much more about this in the archives of this forum.

3. "Suppose if these are ARS symptoms, then is it possible to test positive 18th day." If you were HIV infected, it's possible to test HIV positive within 18 days, although often it takes longer to develop detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in the blood.

4. "I was negative at 18th day with all these symptoms for almost 10 days?" HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive. Symptoms, as I mentioned above, are unreliable.

5. "What do you think about my symptoms, their timing and chance I could escape this incidence?" As I mentioned above, the statistical odds are excellent that you did not contract HIV. Your three-month HIV test will give you a conclusive answer.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck! Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Losing hope quickly.. please help me doctor
Next
HIV INCONCLUSIVE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.