HIV Result inconclusive

Hi Doctor, hope you can help me, I am going crazy, On March 17th I took an HIV test which came inconclusive, my Doctor contacted me last week as I am applying for permanent residency and need to be healthy to be approved, I had the H1N1 vaccination on March 9th and wonder if this can affect the results, I am a healthy person with a 18th month old baby, I had a blood test before for other matter two months ago and nothing wrong was found with my blood, this was before I got vaccinated. My doctor advise me to go for another one which I took on April 12 and this one came back as well inconclusive. I can never talk to my Doctor is always the receptionist which is driving me crazy as I don't feel I got her support. I was told the results have been sent for further testing but don't know what they mean as I can never talk to the doctor since I had my medical done. I am married and I have been with my husband for the last 6 1/2 years so I don't have multiple partners, this is driving me crazy, I had a test last year and it came back negative and don't know what else can be wrong, just the thought of not seen my little baby become and adult kills me the stress is bad I can't rest, would it be the H1N1 causing all this? Thanks for your help.

An inconclusive (indeterminate) HIV test doesn't mean anything is wrong. Since you have essentially no risk for HIV, you shouldn't be concerned about being HIV infected. There are a number of conditions that can cause HIV screening tests to be indeterminate (or even falsely positive!). It is possible that either your recent H1N1 vaccination or your recent pregnancy produced nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies that confounded your HIV-antibody test result. More specific confirmatory testing should be able to quickly sort out this confusion. As for your doctor not talking to you, what's up with that? I suggest you fire your doctor (and tell her why you are leaving her practice) and find a more competent and communicative physician.

As for your HIV status, I'm confident the follow-up tests will confirm your negative status.

Laws of Disclosure (DISCLOSURE LAWS, 2010) (CRIMINALIZATION OF HIV 2010)
Update 3 lives in danger