Hiv from paper towel ?
Apr 16, 2010
Please help me doctor, i'm so scared. After mutual masturbation, i used a paper towel with a rest of sperm from my hiv+ friend to clean my penis , also the urethra area. He used it approximately 10 minutes before, but could still have been a bit wet. The doctor prescribed my just truvada as pep.
1. how would you evaluate my risk? 2. is only truvada enough for pep?
thanks so much doctor
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible. I would not have recommended PEP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Cause Bleeding During Intercourse?
- Can They Tell If You Have Hiv From Biopsy?
- How Quickly Does Petechiae Arrive From Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Fingering With A Scab On Your Finger?
- L-carnitine Dosage For Neuropathy
- When Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.