Possible HIV Infection?

Dear Dr.Frascino,

Exactly two weeks ago I had protected male-male intercourse with someone. I was the receptive partner. The condom didn't break and was used properly. I have swollen lymph nodes and a lot of mucus in my sinuses. However I have no fever, rash or other symptoms. I'm just nervous that's its exactly two weeks. Any risk of Acute HIV? I've tested negative in the past. Hope you can help.

Thanks, ~T

Hi T,

Assuming the latex condom was indeed used properly and did not fail (break), your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

"Sinus" symptoms are extremely common and can be related to infection (bacterial, viral, fungal) or allergy. The vast, vast, vast majority of sinus-related symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. See your doctor for an evaluation, if your symptoms persist.

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Because of Your GREATNESS and COMMITMENT - Now it's time for OUR COMMITMENT- Read and Answer this Instead of my Last post Please!! - TY
Tower of Babel: Google Translate anyone?