Because of Your GREATNESS and COMMITMENT - Now it's time for OUR COMMITMENT- Read and Answer this Instead of my Last post Please!! - TY

Hey Dr. Bob,

I have been reading you site for a while and I have to tell you. I CANNOT STOP!! You are such and ASSET to the world I run out of words to describe your GREATNESS!

I have to tell you my company makes donations every month to GREAT Foundations. I will tell you we at our Company will be making many, many donations to your Foundations. You will recognize the check. It will be blue with the Company that begins with an E.

You Judge Nobody and you Help ALL !! Your answers are very understandable. Completely Nonexistent,,,That I understand.

Ok, Enough because I could go on all night and I have one Final Question.

In the situation I describe that you answered for me I have a little additional information. Let me post my situation you answered and then my concern.

This is what happened that you answered already: I added the additional information here below in CAPS:

1.) I was in a I-Hop and our server was a gay man. We got to talking and he told us he was gay. When it was time for us to leave he shook everybody's hand. I have a nick at the end of my middle finger, and I noticed he also had a nick at the end of his middle finger. Too late,,, that was after I shook his hand. When we shook hands both of our nicks WERE TOUCHING each other THROUGH THE HANDSHAKE... NICK ON NICK through out the entire handshake. Nobody was wearing any bandages or band aids on their fingers, or over their nicks when the fingers touched. Assuming this man is HIV+, his nick is moist because he is constantly handling wet glasses, and our hands touched together like this, what are the chances of catching HIV?

Now my questions is this. I said above our nicks touched.... And what I meant is our nicks didn't just barely bumped into each other. They were touching each other while we were doing the hand shake.(nick on nick) So I guess, with this additional information,, Assuming this man is HIV+, his nick is moist because he is constantly handling wet glasses, and our hands were touching together like this, what are the chances of catching HIV?

Sincerely, Jerry C.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your thanks and exceptionally kind comments. I'm delighted you have found the information here both enlightening and reassuring.

Regarding your concern of HIV transmission resulting from a water-moistened nick-on-nick handshake with your gay I-hopper, your worries are unwarranted. For HIV transmission to be considered even a theoretical risk, there would have to be an exposure and transfer of an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted blood into an open wound. Obviously a nick-on-nick incident would not even come close to qualifying. Remember, HIV is a very fragile virus. If it were transmitted as easily as via nick-on-nick handshakes, the virus would have wiped out the planet long ago. Once again, neither concern nor HIV testing is warranted.

If for whatever reason my strong reassurance and the information regarding similar situations in the archives of this forum are not sufficient for you to completely shake your fears, you could consider getting a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The test is not medically indicated or recommended. The result will undoubtedly be negative. However, if seeing the negative test result puts your unwarranted worries permanently to rest (where they should be), it may be worth the time and effort psychologically. I am completely confident you are HIV negative.

Thank you for your support of the mission of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org): to provide crucial services to men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS and to promote HIV awareness and prevention through education and advocacy.

Be well Jerry!

Breast sucking while lactating
Possible HIV Infection?