Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Testing Procedures
Apr 15, 2010

Hello Dr. Bob Frascino,

I was tested through a website that says it was certified. I requested to test for HIV antibody and after giving them my info and credit card number they sent me to the nearest Labcorp testing center for a blood draw. In two days my results were sent to me through the email, there also was a toll free number to call for questions. I was informed I was negative (non reactive). And I was able to request a copy of the lab report to be sent to my home, which I received and it all looked very legitimate. Dr. Bob does this sound okay to you? Is it okay that this was all done through the internet and not an actual doctor office of clinic visit with a live counselor? Please, I would greatly appreciate if you answer this.

P.S. I hope you are not too jealous because I can't help commenting on how handsome your husband Steve is. I just love those tall Nordic men. And he's a young looking doctor to boot! (Your not bad yourself, Italians are hot). Oh Gosh! I better stop. I'm getting hot thinking about a handsome Nordic with a hot Italian.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Assuming you took an FDA-approved HIV-antibody test outside the window period, yes, I'd believe the results. (You can check whether your test assay is FDA approved by contacting the lab that ran the test or looking at the name of the test on your test result sheet and comparing it to the list of approved HIV tests on the FDA's Web site.)

As for your lusting after Dr. Steve, no, I'm not the jealous type. I merely think you have excellent taste in men. He is heaven on a stick!

Dr. Bob

Previous
It's my birthday today your answer is the only present I want
Next
Worried

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.