Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Plot to Infect Me (Final Version)
Apr 14, 2010

Hi Dr. Rob, I am in great turmoil. Last weekend, I went to a party with one of my friends--who happens to be HIV positive. At the party he made sure I had plenty of drinks and by the time we left, I was completely wasted. He drove us back to his place where I was to spend the night. In my drunkeness, I let him perform some foreplay on me (brief oral I received, brief rimming I received). He then pursued more and I hesistantly went along. He put on a condom and I told him to stop. He didn't and inserted his penis inside me. Drunk and, well, also horny, I allowed him to penetrate me. I don't remember much besides it didn't last long, he did use protection and he did not ejaculate while penetrating me. And now I am worried with grief. He's been a good friend to me but I haven't known him long enough to know what he's capable of. I suspected he had feelings for me but I made it clear I was only interested in his friendship. So now, one week later, I have a funny feeling in my throat and immediately assuming the worst. Maybe he plotted to get my drunk and take advantage of my vulnerability... And even worse, maybe he tried to infect me too. I don't know what to think but I am very paranoid right now. I mean, it's not like we didn't use protection. And it's not like we ejaculated inside me. And he swears that we were 10,000% safe. But then why does my throat feel so funny (it's not sore, just kinda itchy)? I know you don't have answers for that but I was hoping you could provide me with your insight into my situation and tell me what you think my risks are (if he did something malicious like put a hole in the condom) and what I should do.

Thanks, a lot.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

"I don't know what to think but I am very paranoid right now." I absolutely agree.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break.

As for malicious intent and putting a hole in the condom, you've been watching too many bad TV shows.

Relax Max. I see no reason for "great turmoil." If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
pre-chewed food + donation question PRE-CHEWED FOOD, HIV TRANSMISSION RISK, 2010)
Next
My husband got HIV from an infected Man or Woman?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.