Worried Sick! Please Help!!! I'll donate!!

Dear Dr. Bob, I am writing you again because I would really like my questions answered. I'm so paranoid right now. I can barely eat. Six days ago, I engaged in sexual intercourse with my HIV+ partner for the first time. I used a condom, and there were no problems with it. In fact, we did not even reach ejaculation through intercourse. A few days before, we had open-mouth kissed, and I later noticed a canker sore on my tongue (I get them often from eating salty or sour things), and so we stopped open-mouth kissing. During sex, my partner leaked pre-ejaculate on to my stomach. When we did ejaculate, he wiped himself and then later wiped me clean with the same towel. Two days later, I awoke with a sore throat. I've had a sore throat for the next 2 days and I have been quite sleepy (maybe it's from waking up at 5 in the morning over the weekend to go to work...i dont know). I do not have fever. Today (Tuesday) I'm still tired but my throat is improving. However, now my legs hurt. Also, my tongue is a bit pale-looking. I called the AIDS Hotline in my state and the person on the phone said that I shouldn't worry and that it didn't seem likely. Do I have reason to trust his word? Please help me! I've been worrying myself sick. I'll donate!!

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't fail (break).

Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

I would strongly suggest you and your virally enhanced mate spend some time reading through the chapters in the archives of this forum concerning magnetic couples, HIV sexual prevention, HIV sexual transmission and other related topics. You should find the information both enlightening and reassuring. Pay particular attention to the harm-reduction methods for magnetic couples.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Don't be "worried sick," but rather "healthily informed!"

Fleshlight Question
Mental Health: Am I Losing It?