french kissing - CDC versus UNAIDS

Dear Dr Francino,

Since a few days I strted panicking beyond normal due to the conflicting information I found on the websites here in the Netherlands and on the CDC USA site. Namely, in the Netherlands (and in France and UK- I checked with their aids info lines services) frenchkissing is considered a no risk for HIV transmission. Accordingly, no cases have been reported so far and saliva neutralises it. They mentioned that a transmission could occur if large amounts of blood were transferred in the mouth (so not just small ulcers/aphtes but gushing wounds such as the ones after dental surgery) of an infected person to the non infected person. The CDC advises against french kissing if the HIV status of the partner is unknown. Could you tell me which one is true and why such a discrepancy exists. The UNAIDS site (am a UN worker myself) states that kissing is of no risk for HIV transmission as well! Finally, this is starting to cause serious anxiety in my case, I have not slept last night as I am having nightmares and fears about the entire matter.

I am working with a HIV positive person and i really do not want to change my behavior with him and wish to continue providign him with the support as I did in the past (while I wasnt thinking about these things).

I wish you all the best and sincerely hope you will answer my questions.

Avec beaucoup de respect pour votre personne (je vois que vous parlez francais aussi...), meilleurs salutations,

U.

Salut Mec,

Les Pays-Bas, La France, L'UNAIDS et La Grande Britannia disent il n'y a pas de risque. Je suis d'accord!

Le conseil des CDC est bizarre. C'est dingue ça! Ce n'est pas scientifique. Ne le crois pas. Ne t'inquiète pas!

Bisettes (à la française) et Crêpes Suzette.

Worry well category?
Tea Party Lunatics?