Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm here fi you need me, OK?
Apr 13, 2010

Hi Doctor Bob, i and my girlfriend stumbled across your forum 2 years ago when she was wrongly diagnosed with hiv during a routine test while pregnant with our son , we never did summoned the courage to ask a question as we were totally bummed with the whole affair. As at that point we became hooked with your forum ( which i must say kept us sane as the doctors were completely useless), i credit this forum for given me the courage to take another test elswhere and it was negative and after 6 months into the pregnancy suddenly my fiancee became negative aswell. Also we enjoy so much your sense of humour and especially how you tend to stylishly use peoples gramatical mistakes to reply them(cool) which is why i thoughti bring one of yoursto your attention. This is from a recent post titled STOP TAKING MEDS, and at the end of your response you said i'm here fi you need me, meaning what? You dont have to reply as i already got my kicks just by writing you already.tanx

Please stay definitely well.

Love

Didi

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story! I'm delighted the information you found here was so helpful. Your wife no doubt had a false-negative HIV screening test most likely related to nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies induced by her pregnancy. This is not an infrequent occurrence as you can tell from the number of similar cases I've posted in the chapter on pregnancy in the archives of this forum. I now will add your story to this ever-growing list. Hopefully your experience will enlighten others.

As for finding my mistake, OK, you get 10 cool points. But hey, maybe the person I was writing to was named "fi"! In that case my statement "I'm here fi you need me" might make sense! (Yeah, I know, that's a stretch, so you get your 10 cool points. I suppose I shouldn't try to type these responses while on crowded planes where I can't see what I'm typing).

Tanx to you for being so obzerbant!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hi Dr. Bob..not a question...
Next
Please assess my risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.