Me again Canadain

You known I look at you and it seems you have a very caring face. By the look of all the questions I am not the only one.

Is it me making things up in my head or are they real. I have this white tongue still. I brush it away and it comes back. Am I feeling tired because I think I am sick or I am. I play sports, laugh, still horny but am worried every day about HIV. Why, why does not a negitive test up to 6 months help. I really feel like I am barly holding on.

Do you see this alot. Why the white tongue?

PS if you ever come to the interior of BC let me know, its beautiful. I will show you and your partner around.

PS I am straight, brother gay. cool with it all.

Hello Cool With It All Straight Guy With Gay Brother,

Just for the record: I'm a gay guy with a straight brother and I'm cool with all that as well. So now that that is out of the way let's proceed to your question.

Your negative six-month HIV-antibody test is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps "symptoms" each and every time.

Regarding your "white tongue," there are many potential causes ranging from postnasal drip to breathing with your mouth open at night causing dryness. It may also be completely normal. If you're worried, see an ear, nose and throat (ENT) physician.

Finally there are many factors that can contribute to irrational fears about being HIV infected. These generally center on guilt, psychological/psychiatric illness and/or misinformation about HIV. You have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative. If you are having ongoing difficulty accepting this reality, you should seek counseling (psychotherapy) to help you accept the truly wonderful news that you dodged the HIV bullet.

Thanks for the offer to be a tour guide for B.C.! It is indeed stunningly beautiful in your neck of the proverbial woods. Don't let unwarranted worries about a disease you could not possibly have spoil your enjoyment of B.C. for even one moment.

Good luck. Be well.

Donated Concern and Worried
Weirdest story? please help! donation on the way!