HIV from Path lab test.pls pls pls reply

Dear Bob,

Please reply!

Thanks in advance

I did! See below.

HIV from Path lab test Apr 5, 2010

Dear Robert,

My question seems really vague but just cant get this anxiety out of my head. recently I had a call in technical at my office to collect my blood sample to do CBC and Liver Function Test.

I asked him before the test where the needle used is new or not and he said of course it was new I just did not see him opening the needle pack thats why the question.

To clarify it was a needle and not a Syringe where at the back you put in a tube which due to vaccum collects the blood.

After the test the question eating my head was that is HIV transmission possible if the needle was infected. I called up the technician later in the evening and he confirmed that the needle was new and they use only new needles thats the lab policy and after the test the needles are destroyed. I was still not satisfied and wrote an email to the head of the path lab and the answer presumably I got was that to be assured that the lab always uses fresh disposable syringes, needles and vacutainers and are immediately destroyed after use. Furthermore the owner of the lab informed that quality is foremost at their institution and is an internationally accredited lab since 2006.

My questions -Am I being a freak and thinking uneneccsary? -Is there HIV transmission possible in the above scenario? - Is there any case as mentioned baove where HIV transmission took place?

I await your ever humurous comments.

Best regards,

AB

Hello AB,

1. "Am I being a freak and thinking uneneccasary?" Yup! (Although I'm not exactly sure what "uneneccasary" means.)

2. "Is there HIV transmission possible in the above scenario?" Nope.

3. "Is there any case as mentioned baove where HIV transmission took place?" Nope! (Although I'm not sure what "baove" means either.)

stop takeing meds
Thanks