Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My child may be at RISK. I will Donate.
Apr 5, 2010

My family went on a picnic Easter Sunday. When we were done I was walking back to the card with the cooler behind me. Our cooler has wheels. I was walking up a hill and the cooler tipped over and Potato Salad fell to the ground and the lid came off. I turned it back over and was going to deal with it when I got home. We got home which only takes about two minutes and before I knew it my daughter was eating out of the potato salad bowl. Where the Salad tipped over there were some men playing soccer. I know it sounds crazy but I was wondering. If one of these soccer players were HIV + and fell down where the salad tipped over on the ground, or if he was bleeding from rough play and that is where my salad hit the ground. Now two minutes later my child is eating from that salad that hit the ground, what are the chances of my child getting the HIV virus from this experience?

I know this sounds a little out there but if it were to happen this way? What are the chances Dr. My husband thinks it's best I sleep in another room till I get my head on straight or get an answer - then get my head on straight. And that's just fine, he can stay in his own room. But again, If that did happen like above, What are my child's chances of getting HIV? I am a new mother and you know how over protective we can be. The time duration from when I put the salad back in the bowl, and the time my daughter was eating it was 2 minutes if that matters any.

Please Help, Amber

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Amber,

"I know it sounds crazy . . . ." Yup! It not only sounds crazy; it is crazy. Absolutely and totally wacko!

Risk level: nonexistent!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Happy Easter.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Donation letter / 2 Test negative
Next
Omnisciense is a matter of perspective

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.