Razor- Sterilized, risk of infection?

A couple of weeks ago I was with my sister and her boyfriend, and I had a shaving razor in the shower in our apartment. When I went to take a shower, I noticed a few hairs in my razor that were definitely my sister's boyfriend's. So I rinsed the razor off then poured rubbing alcohol over it. There was no blood on it to my knowledge, and I was pretty sure he had showered at least an hour before me. I have no reason to believe that he has hiv, but I also don't know for sure. After shaving my armpits, I became really worried about it, and still am. Does this pose any kind of a risk? is rinsing and rubbing alcohol sufficient for this situation? I also think I might have a serious problem with overreacting to this kind of thing. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

"I also think I might have a serious problem with overreacting to this kind of thing." BINGO! I absolutely agree, except I'd leave off the "also think I might!" That shortens the statement to "I have a serious problem with overreacting to this kind of thing."

The HIV-acquisition risk from the scenario you describe is nonexistent. If you really are that fearful of contracting HIV, I would suggest:

1. Learn more about HIV transmission. This Web site has a wealth of information on it, including the extensive archives. Check it out. Scientific knowledge is the best weapon against irrational fear.

2. Consider getting counseling (psychotherapy) to hep you confront and conquer your irrational fears.

Dr. Bob. Your services are requested - will donate.
Donation letter / 2 Test negative