Worried Sick - Help

Dear Dr.,

I recently went to a strip club (USA) and during the experience my hands came into contact with the stripper's vagina. The top of one hand and the fingers and palm of the other. I do have dry cuticles from washing my hands a lot and on the top of the hand that made contact one of my cuticles had torn slightly (size of a papercut) but skin had already healed over it. The skin was red but definitely in tact. I am not even sure this made contact with the woman's vagina. During the experience her g-string was consistently falling or moving to the slide. My fingers never entered her vagina and I never felt any vaginal fluid whatsoever. I know there could have been some. I am not sure if my hands were up near the clitoral area and never made it to the vaginal area. I am not sure. I washed my hands immediately after the experience.

I, of course, do not have any idea if the stripper has an STD, but I am worried sick about the potential of contracting HIV. I am having trouble eating and sleeping. I have a wife and two children and it makes me sick that I could have put them in danger.

Most of what I read suggest there is little risk. Am I at risk?

Thank you so much and I will definitely donate.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. Your fears are irrational and unwarranted. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest you level with your wife, as it is not only the best way to cope with your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Shoe Shine Nightmare
Dr. Bob. Your services are requested - will donate.