Shoe Shine Nightmare

Hey Dr. Bob,

I admire your work and am proud to give you a donation.

I'm sure this will make the Top 5 List - Good thing you don't have a TV show. But I can't get this out of my mind.

I was at a place getting my shoes shine. I was wearing deck shoes so I had on no socks. Next thing the guy that is shining my shoes is towards the end of the shine and his watch hits my leg and puts a small puncture wound into my leg. It stung like heck and now there is a red dot there, where the watch wounded me. Here is my question in which I don't know the answer. First, I must apologize for being so stupid to not know the answer to this question. If the man shining my shoes is HIV+ What are the chances of me getting the HIV virus this way? Please look at every scenario in this situation so I can put this to rest. There was nothing covering his watch, I was wearing no socks, BANG right into and out of my leg, and who knows what was surviving on that thing.

I Thank You in Advance for your Answer, Randy

Hey Randy,

HIV via Rolex knockoff whacking your shin while getting a shine??? Nope. No way. No how.

As for making Dr. Bob's Top-Five List, sorry Randy, not even close!

Beauce County Boy Needs Some Help
Worried Sick - Help