Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question about yor answer
Apr 4, 2010

Hi doc, A bit confused about your response to a recent post when you said this person was just about out of the woods with a five and half months negative test and you sent your good luck karma for a six month test. I wrote to you about a year ago with regards to an unprotected sex incident and though i did not get a reply frm you i did however looked in the archives (which is what i should have done really)and thankfully my three and half months test was negative and considered woohooable. Futhermore the Gum clinic i did my test(Lydia clinic at St Thomas hospital UK) said six weeks was all i needed to do test post exposure, now i am beginning to think if i should take another test considering this your response as am no longer sure if my three and half months test was conclusive evn though all my very real symptoms started to gradually disapear after my test came back negative.

Finally, pls dntpull the sort of disapearing act you pulled a while ago cus am sort of addicted to ur forum and always look forward to it evryday and you not been there for like 5 days was depressing and made me fear the worst or atleast say will be gone beforehand. Take care and may God keep you as you continue to do this good deed. Tanx Peter frm London

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Peter,

Don't be confused! As you are obviously a regular reader of this forum, you most likely know that the CDC recommends a six-month test for certain types of HIV exposures, such as needle sticks in health care workers, "significant exposures" (such as unprotected receptive sex) with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected, etc. The questioner you refer to did not specify what type of exposure he had. Since he had already tested out to 5.5 months, I assumed he had the type of exposure that would merit testing out to six months based on the CDC guidelines. This does not apply to your situation. So your WOO-HOO remains intact, OK?

As for my disappearing acts, sometimes I need to travel on short notice and my commitments are such that I can't tend to this site on a daily basis. When I have planned absences, I'll certainly try to post an "out of my cyber-office" type notice, OK? Thanks for your understanding and your concern!

Be well. Cheers!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you Doc
Next
HIV Drugs timing while travelling to different country time zone

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.