Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Badda Bing Dude Again
Apr 4, 2010

Thank you for answering my question. I was really scared about being fingered with that bit of precum. The precum being on the finger is not the same as if it was a cock precumming in me? My hands/fingers have just started trembling and feel very weak, specially the left hand. The thumbs just keep going crazy.You still believe its due to anxiety? Is my 46 days home access test a good sign? I have read a test after six weeks is a greaat sign. The tingling and burning were really scary. I was convinced it was neuropathy. Can anxiety cause mouth sores as well? Thank you so much. Hope I get a follow up answer. Don't think I'm that special, though. Will donate to your foundation. You seem like a really great human being. Wish I knew.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "Badda Bing Dude Again,"

My assessment and advice have not changed. See below.

As for symptoms such as ". . . hands/fingers trembling and feeling very weak . . ." and "thumbs that keep going crazy," yes, I'm quite confident these are anxiety related and not related to HIV. In fact symptoms such as these are quite classic for anxiety!

Regarding your negative 46-day Home Access test, yes, this is very encouraging (but not yet definitive). The vast majority of folks infected with HIV will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood within four to six weeks following HIV primary infection.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. Additional good-luck karma is being sent your way.

Be well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Badda Bing Apr 1, 2010

Third time writing. Hope I'm fortunate enough to get a reply from you. I know your busy. Thank you in advance. I had a threesome with me as the top. I got head from both guys before sex. Not really worried. The sex was safe I had condom on with no accidents. What I'm worried is masturbation. One of the guys rubbed his penis head which had a drop of precum. He fingered me seconds after touching it. I'm worried about this so much. 10 to 14 days later I had itchy skin on legs. Had headaches,dizzyness, lighthead feeling till about the 4th week mark of my exposure. I also had a stiff neck for a couple of days. At around 5 weeks I had red eyes. Tingling/buzzing on my left foot. My right foot didnt get the tingling. Some tingling on my ankle and shin/calves. One week later I had a burning sensation. It felt like having Ben Gay or icy hot on both my feet. Its been about eight and one half weeks since exposure. Most or the tingling is gone. The sensations are mostly gone too. I'm now having pain in my feet, hands, ankles, even on my knees. Nothing big but its there. Can this be HIV neuropathy? I had a home access test at six and one half weeks. I know this is encouraging but not conclusive. What are my chances my twelve week test will be negative as well? You should start charging for your service. I'm sure your foundation can use the funds.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for or consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). No, you are not experiencing neuropathy. Rather, I would chalk your symptoms up to anxiety.

If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your (unwarranted) worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, however if this is what it takes to put your fears permanently to rest (where they belong), then it may be worth the effort psychologically.

As for charging for my advice, nah, I prefer to volunteer my services free and clear. No strings attached. Donations to charities, like The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, should always and only be made in the true spirit of compassion and generosity.

Good luck. Be well. I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Badda Bing
Next
Could I be HIV+ after HIV exposure but negative at 12wks?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.