Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rimming?
Apr 1, 2010

I know you have told many people to check out the archives, and I have... I had a random sexual encounter with a man I didn't know (figured I'd try it with another guy once) I recieved both oral and anal rimming from this man... He said he was safe, but not sure with how crazy people are these days... I would say about 20 minutes after wards, I used some alcohol wipes to wipe off/scrub any areas he touched with his mouth, including pushing an alcohol wipe into my anus... I know sounds crazy, but was/am extremely paranoid... Within a day I had a sore spot on my anus... Is this a difinitive symptom of an STD or just agitation from the wipes? I have also read that there was one case where a man recieved HIV from receiving rimming from an HIV+ man with gum disease... With this new claim/info, should I be more worried? THANKS SO MUCH!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

". . . With this new claim/info, should (you) be more worried?" No. Your HIV-acquisition risk remains extremely low. Your paranoia may stem from guilt (". . . figured I try it with another guy once").

Sticking alcohol wipes up your butt can be irritating. If you remain worried about HIV, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But, if it helps you put your irrational fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically. I also suggest you get counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront your "extremely paranoid" fears about HIV and also to explore sexual orientation issues.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Unprotected sex with other HIV poz guys
Next
Condom slippage - very worried

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.