Dr., we're the ones that owe you (hefty donation)

Hello!

For putting up with a scared public, for not letting the 'crazies' out there get to you, and for just doing this in general.

My worry is a question that you've heard before, I'm sure.

I was at work and touched a door knob. I was talking to someone as I grabbed for it (dumb that I didn't look first) and didn't see that the door was wet with something (until my hand got in it. Great.)

Anyway, I immediately looked down and saw that the 'stuff' was clear. I was thinking it was rain and someone had a wet hand or clothes. But the door was INSIDE...so could rain have still gotten on it from someone? It was raining something fierce. Or maybe someone washed their hands in a bathroom or had a drink, I don't know.

I went and told my boss becasue I didn't want to take a chance. Here's where it gets out of hand, maybe? My boss was was a nurse (not now) but she recommended I go to the Doctor because my skin is very dry and flakey. But it's not bleeding.

And that 'stuff' didn't look red. At least I don't think it was..

Please tell me that I am going nuts like the people around me! Please just tell me I am worrying because of what was said to me and that I really have nothing to worry about at all! Because now I am thinking 'what if there was blood or traces of it in that 'stuff'..

Thank you! Thank you very much!

Hopefully another WW!

You signed your post "hopefully another WW." You can get rid of the "hopefully." You are indeed another "well" person whose reasons for worrying are totally unwarranted.

Yup, you're going nuts. Your HIV risk is nonexistent. Neither testing nor worrying is warranted.

I'm glad your boss is no longer a nurse, because she's not giving appropriate medical advice!

Be well. Stay well.

5 weeks from PEP and strange neck rash. HELP!
Need Good Luck karma for the 1st and the 13th