Infectious fruit, I know it sounds nuts!

Dr. Bob, I have a few cuts in my mouth from dental work. I ate a whole package of fresh raspberries and one of them had something blood red in the middle and tasted like blood, that iron taste. They had been in my fridge for one day, even if it had been hiv positive blood would it even be infectious? I thought maybe because it was refrigerated. While we are on the subject, how long is hiv infectious outside the human body?I hate to be such a worry wart, but I just had to ask. My Dr. does not seem to be to have much knowlege in this area. Sending a check your way, fixed income, But I can always spare a little for the good Doctor. You ARE the best!

Infectious fruit??? Yup, it not only sounds nuts; it is totally loony tunes.

Don't all-fresh raspberries have "red" inside them? As for that iron taste, it was probably just a worm or bug you were chewing on. Do you really think some psychotic lunatic is injecting raspberries with fresh HIV-tainted blood? If so, you've been watching way too much sci-fi channel.

Even if it was HIV, which I'm certain it wasn't, your HIV-acquisition risk would still be nonexistent. HIV doesn't live very long at all outside the human body.

Thanks for the donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Be well. Stop worrying.

Is Altripla only sufficient for PEP (PEP AND THE NEED FOR HIV SPECIALIST, 2010)
Please help, my daughter is anxious. She needs answers