ITS THE NUT AGAIN THAT JUST DONATED !!

Dr. Bob,

I am happy to say I am sending a sizeable donation!!

I guess I should forget all the questions and questions I would just like to know in the situation that I just had at Starbucks -- Would I qualify for a qunatum leap beyond nonexistent?

Be really really honest with me!!

Thank You Dr. Bob, Jordan

p.s. See I do read your forum!!

Hi Jordan,

I'm always "really honest" and yes, your risk is a quantum leap beyond nonexistent, OK?

Be well. Enjoy your cup of java without further worrying. All is well, including you.

THROW ME IN THE BOWL WITH THE REST OF THE NUTS ! THIS NUT WILL DONATE AS WELL Mar 28, 2010

Good Day Dr. Bob,

I will also need a place to send a donation.

I'm sure this will make the Top Ten list of Crazy Questions!

This morning I went to a Starbucks and got a Latte. I am one of the many scared out freaks about HIV. Maybe it is I do not know much about the virus. So here we go:

When I get my Starbucks, (naturally go through a Drive Through) I always spray the lids with Organic Sanitizer. Then I let it sit a minute and a half to destroy any germs. Too much time on my hands ,, huh? So I start to drink it and proceed to my girlfriends house. Give her a good morning peck before she heads off to work. After about 15 minutes at the girls house I get back into my vehicle and proceed with my day. Later on, I look down at the Starbucks Lid and I see Red. UUUUUUGGGGHH. So now my mind starts playing tricks on me. Now anxiety kicks in !!! Now it could be the lipstick from the little peck -- I don't know. But here it goes. What if the red on the lid was any type of fluid from somebody who is HIV+ at the Starbucks. I don't know. But let us assume this is the case. My question is. By spraying the lid with Organic Sanitizer with ( stabilized Oxygen ) and waiting a little more than a minute,

1.)Wouldn't that Sanitizer kill the virus if any HIV was on the lid?

2.) Should I test? I just got a test not long ago and I am Neg.

I know you must think this is a little Nutty but it is wigging me out. I'm so freaked, I want to take the lid to a lab to get it tested to see if any blood particles are on the lid. Could you please help so I can rest easy?

3.) What are the chances of catching the HIV virus like this?

4.) Do you think if any virus was around the cup, the Sanitizer and waiting 1 minute before I even put my mouth to the cup would kill the virus?

Again, Grab me a place to send a Donation please.

Please Help me! Again, This Nut will Donate!

Thank You Dr. Bob, Jordan

Hey Jordan,

The "Top Ten List of Crazy Questions" is a very exclusive group. Your HIV via venti-non-fat-half-caf-half-decaf-one-Splenda-caramel-macchiato-hold-the-whip-but-add-some-sanitizer doesn't even come close to qualifying. Sorry.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. This would depend on the ingredients in the organic sanitizer, but most likely, yes. It's important to note that the chances the "red" was fresh HIV-tainted blood are so remote that they are essentially nonexistent.

2. No. There is no medical justification for testing.

3. Nonexistent.

4. Same answer as #1 above.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well Jordan. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I'd Like To Know The Facts
risk factor of hiv for a v shortime penetration