The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should my Hairdresser be concerned

Mar 27, 2010

Hello Dr Frascino,

Here is my question and concern. I told my hairdresser that she should not be concerned.

However, I wanted to confirm.

To Start off, I am Undetectable since I started treatment 7 months ago (may last 2 Bloodwork Test each 3 months apart). My last boolod work had me Undetectable, T-Cells Low 600 and my % was 34.1

Here is what happened.

I was having my hair bleached blonde. She left the bleach on a liitle long and caused a light burn. She washed it out and when she started to put in the toner, she said that I was bleeding. I looked at it from a mirror. I was a small amout of blood seeping through the skin. She was concerned that her bare hands where touching that area.

She said she had a very small hand nail tyoe cut on her hand.

Should she be concerned.

I called a friend and he said there should be no need to be concerned since I am undetectable and high %, and with the bleach with shampoo there is no need to worry.

Should there be a concern.

Bleached Blonde

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Bleached Blonde,

I can tell you're not a true blonde, because you are very smart. I absolutely agree with you: Your "hair-burner" should not be concerned. (By the way, all you true blondes out there, I was only kidding. Don't send angry messages, OK?)

Dr. Bob

scrape on penis during dryhumping
Roommate precautions?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint