Terrified!! Please Help Dr Frascino !! I will Donate to your Foundation!

Dear Dr. Bob,

I really need your help. My anxiety over a situation is so intense I feel my heart pounding fast and my chest is moving like crazy.. I need you Dr. Bob.

I am married and have a family and they think something is wrong with me and I am too scared to tell them what happened to me, until I hear from you.

Please don't trash me because I found another person in the archives with almost a similar experience, but mine is a little more complex. This is MY EXPERIENCE. Please help me. I will donate to your Foundation.

Let me explain. This morning I went to the Dentist to get a temporary crown put on my tooth. This evening I was driving home from work. Stop to get some food. I walked around some shops waiting for my food to get finished. I touched door handles and merchandise in the stores.. I think this is important so you understand what I had done. I ordered a flat bread pizza and was going to take it home and eat it there. I didn't. I ate it on the way home.

I also have some bad allergies and have been blowing and messing around with my nose, wit my fingers. At a stop sign I flossed my teeth in the car and the area where my temporary crown was put on, my gums were bleeding. I then proceeded to lick my fingers to get the pizza stuff off that was all over them. On my little finger there was a red spot -- half the size of my nail. I put it in my mouth, took it off with my upper tooth and it was blood. Not pizza. The size was Half the size of my finger nail. Now in my mouth. With gums that have just bled. Gone!

I don't know if that came from my nose that I was messing with. Or if I picked it up in one of the shops, touching merchandise. Or if it rubbed off onto my finger from any of the door handles I touched. Any one of these could apply.

From the time I left, from where I picked up the pizza -- to the time I put that finger in my mouth with the blood on half of my finger nail -- The time was 15 to 25 minutes that went by.

Here is my question: What if that blood spot that took up half of my little finger nail was from a person who is HIV + from something I touched at the shops or off of the doors that I touched to open them?

What are my chances of catching HIV this way?

With bleeding gums and putting this into my mouth and devouring it? What if it hit my gums where the new tooth was just bleeding? What are the chances of catching HIV this way?

Please look again at this whole experience and Please Help Me.

Worst case scenario here. If he person that this came from is HIV + -- 15-25 minutes later its in my mouth and touched my gums that were just bleeding from flossing. And I devoured it.

Please also supply mw with a place to Donate? I want to support your work!

Ihave been up half the night reading some of your posts. Could a quantum leap apply to me?

I Thank You Very Much, You seem like a Nice Man.

Nancy

Hello Nancy,

You are indeed correct there are an ever-growing number of these types of questions in the archives (some submitted by the same person . . . yes, I can tell).

After considering all the detailed facts in your post, I've determined your worst case scenario carries absolutely no HIV risk! That's correct: Your HIV-acquisition risk is zero, nada, zip, zilch, bupkis! And that, I repeat, is the worse case scenario, which is so hypothetical that the chances of it actually happening are so remote that they're essentially nonexistent. Remember, HIV does not survive outside the body very long. Most likely you ingested your own blood (or some marinara sauce). The only potential danger I see in your entire post is that you were eating pizza while driving!

Thanks for your desire to make a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information for the foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Yes, your risk is "beyond a quantum leap," OK?

Need some assurance and help. Please.
Gilette Nightmare