Doc, do I need a slap round the face?

Hi Dr Bob. Hope you are good? Firstly great to see your healthcare reforms are moving on - whilst the NHS here in the UK has its problems its still a great(and fair) service to all.My situation - and I think it will be a WW/QTND - but reading through the archives I guess we think our situation isnt exactly how someone elses has been? hence me writing to you!I'm a pretty normal guy with a great family good friends and would never do anything that I thought would risk this. However just over 2 weeks ago I went to a strip club (boys night out), and whilst I have been to a few in my days I wouldnt really call myself a 'regular' (honest!). During the evening I was treated to a private dance where a naked lady danced around etc but also in the process pleasured (rubbed) herself alot (I guess I must have been that much of a turn on for her, hey!) Whilst this was all very interesting, during the dance she stroked one of her fingers across my lips (no insertion). Now I know a little bit about HIV and following this I felt it wasnt really a risky encounter and it didnt require testing/put my family at risk.However over the weekend (exactly 2 weeks post night out) I came down with tonsillitis (started in Left tonsil, if it makes any difference) and a really bad fever (lasted 36hrs) with 2 soaking night sweats (which I've never had to such an level before with illness etc) - even my wife was a bit freaked out by how much sweat there was - nice eh!! 3 days later I'm still felling a little sore in the right tonsil but fever gone and eating again. So whilst I felt ok about the situation at the start, after the events of the past few days I have been sent spinning into a world of what if's and maybe's!My questions, 1. (assuming she is HIV+) Is it possible to become infected in this way i.e. vaginal secretions on her finger onto my lip, enter blood stream via lip abrasion (dont think had one) or into mouth?2. Have you ever heard of a case of someone being infected in this way (thankfully I dont believe I am unique enough to be the first!)3. Do my symptoms resemble ars i.e. 36hr fever, tonsillitis for 3 days (much improved now though with no fever)4. Do you believe testing is necessary (even with the symptoms/timing as above)?5. ...or should I be slapped around the face and told to get a grip, my symptoms are not ars, the situation was no risk, move on with enjoying my family/life, make a donation and last of all stop being an irrational idiot!Whilst I dont like being classed as an irrational idiot, I'd quite like to be one on this occasion!Dr Bob, I'd also like to thankyou for being there, its not an easy matter to discuss with my friends etc, but it helps so much knowing that someone (you) is out there who gives professional down to earth help and advice. The information and service that you provide on this site is outstanding, thankyou.Lastly whilst I really hope you can put my mind at rest and help me get on with enjoying my family I understand that you are incredibly busy. However writing down my story, has helped put things into perspective a little. Take care, G

Hello G,

First, health care reform is now the law of the land in the U.S.! Yeah Obama!!! BRAVO!!!

Next, your HIV-acquisition risk is several quantum leaps beyond nonexistent. Your tonsillitis was a mere unfortunate coincidence.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. No. Absolutely not.

Nope! (And I agree this will not be your 15 minutes of fame!)

Nope!

Nope!

Yep! I'm usually not into this kind of thing, but if you really want me to slap you around a bit, sure. Hey, let's play that famous scene from "Moonstruck." You be clueless Nicolas Cage and I'll be Cher. Ready? Here we go. First I bitch-slap you ("SLAP!!!") and then I shout "SNAP OUT OF IT!" Did that work?

Finally, thanks for your kind comments and donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

one act of indiscretion with protection.
i have agammaglobulinemia